Our client is a leading refiner in the United States and has gained a reputation as one the safest facilities in the industry. Our client a has identified an immediate need for a Pressure Protection and Remediation [PPR] Engineer at the Lake Charles Refinery Complex is responsible for developing engineering solutions to projects which arise from both planned capital expenditures, technical service activities, and PSM related action items in the refinery.
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, our client is a recognized leader in the refining industry with a well-known brand. They operate three refineries located in Corpus Christi, Texas; Lake Charles, La.; and Lemont, Ill., and wholly and/or jointly owns 45 terminals, nine pipelines and three lubricants blending and packaging plants. With approximately 3,400 employees and a combined crude capacity of approximately 769,000 barrels-per-day (bpd).
YOUR ROLE WITH THE COMPANY:
The Pressure Protection and Remediation [PPR] Engineer plays an essential role to the organization as it influences the short and long term operability, profitability, and safety of various refinery areas. As a PPR Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Support operations, maintenance, turnaround, inspection, and process engineering in any activities related to pressure protection and remediation
- Work to ensure Inspection, Pressure Protection and Remediation (PPR), and Documentation Handling Departments have continuity in PSV documentation and ensure consistency in the field
- Provide guidance, review, and check PPR design work performed by engineering contractors on engineering design data, process flow diagrams, P&ID’s, and process equipment data sheets.
- Assist engineers, technicians, and supervisory personnel across the organization with technical matters
- Provide assistance during maintenance activities and chemical cleans to ensure safe operation
- All work performed in this role is expected to comply with applicable standards and codes.
- BS Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Two (2) – Ten (10) years of experience in refining/petrochemical industry
- Pressure Protection and Remediation experience is preferred
- Ability to obtain a TWIC card.
- Warm welcomes await in Southwest Louisiana/Lake Charles! With over 75 fairs and festivals, it’s a year-round celebration of rich and spicy food, music and culture.
- The Sportsman’s Paradise is perfect for enjoying boating, fishing, swimming, water-skiing, and our five beautiful golf courses, including a Tom Fazio-designed championship golf course! Southwest Louisiana offers the best in duck and goose hunting and a variety of other wild game.
- Lake Charles (French: Lac Charles) is the fifth-largest incorporated city in the U.S. state of Louisiana, located on Lake Charles, Prien Lake, and the Calcasieu River. As of the 2020 census,
- Lake Charles’s population was 84,872. It is considered a regionally significant center of petrochemical refining.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Pension plans that provide a source of income for you at retirement in addition to your 401(k).
- Choose from several health plans, including, Medical, Prescriptions, Dental, and Vision plans along with Flexible Spending and Health Saving Account options.
- Retiree health coverage
- Employee Wellness programs including our Healthy Rewards Program where employees receive incentives for participation.
- Reimbursement for gym membership and an on-site fitness center at select locations.
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site health clinic
- Employees earn paid time off in addition to company paid holidays.
- Eligible employees enjoy our unique Recreation Incentive Program, a one-time per year vacation bonus paid in addition to regular compensation with the intent to help with expenses incurred during vacation.
- Parental Leave
- Learning Opportunities
|Job Category||Chemical Engineer, Process Engineer|