ECI Group is growing, and we need a leader who can guide the financial systems that empower us. We’re searching for an experienced chief financial officer to join our team of high-performing professionals and keep our finances positioned for continued success. The CFO will have a day-to-day, ongoing impact on company operations, helping us to analyze, strategize, and grow our financial position. This seasoned strategist will not only understand current accounting practices and trends but will also have experience raising capital and adapting to change, whether it’s through growth or downsizing. As a member of senior management, the CFO will be comfortable in a leadership role that requires clear and effective communication skills.
Objectives of this role
- Take responsibility (either directly or via staff) for all cash management, investments, insurance, budgeting, and financial reporting, and help drive the company’s financial strategy and hiring needs.
- Coordinate the development of annual operating, capital, and program budgets, as well as reporting for the same.
- Ensure cash flow is compatible with operations by overseeing the day-to-day accounting, recording, reporting, and internal control activities of the organization.
- Develop and implement best practices and tools to ensure a well-controlled yet flexible organization that has strong fiscal management, project coordination, cross-team communications, and workflows.
- Comply with national and local financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation and taking appropriate action.
Your Role with The Company
- Work with senior managers to efficiently develop budget proposals, provide access to project finance information, and ensure contract compliance and reporting.
- Research revenue opportunities and economic trends, analyze internal operations, and identify areas for cost reduction and process enhancement.
- Perform risk management through the analysis of company liabilities and investments, and evaluate and manage the capital structure and fundraising initiatives.
- Oversee HR operations by coordinating with external service providers (ex: payroll, benefits, recruitment) and internal staff responsible for other aspects of HR.
- Monitor business performance with tracking tools, establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports for earnings calls, the management team, and the rest of the company.
- Manage finance personnel and oversee financial IT systems, ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory entities (ex: the Financial Accounting Standards Board, the Internal Revenue Service, and state attorneys general).
Required skills and Qualifications
- Five or more years of experience in executive leadership roles
- Excellent leadership skills, steadfast resolve, and personal integrity
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Understanding of advanced accounting, regulatory issues, and tax planning
- Working knowledge of how to raise capital outside traditional lines of credit
- Master’s degree (or equivalent experience) in accounting, business accounting, or finance
- International finance experience
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions and investor relations
- Executive experience with SaaS business models and their associated revenue recognition
- Professional certification (ex: Certified Public Accountant)
|Job Category||Accountant, CPA|