ECI Group, the world’s leading specialist engineering contractor for low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) projects, is looking for a Graduate Electrical, Controls & Instrumentation Engineer to supplement our existing team in our Baton Rouge office. Consider joining our small team of experienced engineers developing control and instrumentation designs for our petrochemical and advanced recycling business lines, from initial FEED designs through to detailed design deliverables.
YOUR ROLE WITH THE COMPANY:
- This position reports directly to the Instrumentation |Electrical Engineering Section Leader
- Coordinate and execute instrumentation work with under the direction of senior electrical instrumentation engineers.
- Read and develop Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Preparation of instrumentation equipment and construction specification documents
- Develop drawings and specifications for construction including network communication block diagrams, loop diagrams, logic diagrams, control panel details, junction box wiring diagrams, instrument installation details, etc.
- Review and evaluate equipment vendor information and determine suitability for specific project applications.
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) when requested.
- Participate in field investigations and provide construction support.
- Respond to field information requests.
- Work in the design of high pressure (>300 barg) electrical systems, including systems related to large synchronous motors, assisted start methods, autoclave reactor stirrer motors and high power variable speed systems and /or high pressure (>300 barg) Instrument & Control experience, including systems related to reciprocating compressor protection systems (Konesburg, Prognost, Bently Nevada), safety systems (Triconex etc), HP Instrumentation (Valves, Thermocouples etc).
Preferred Electrical Job Functions, in addition to the Essential Instrumentation Job Functions listed above:
- Design of plant power distribution and preparation of one-line diagrams, schematic diagrams, equipment layouts, lighting, grounding, installation details, etc.
- Preparation of equipment and construction specification documents, including power panels, MCCs, switchgear, transformers, substations, motors,
- Model and conduct power systems analysis (short circuit, load flow, protective relay coordination and arc flash analysis).
- Review and evaluate equipment vendor information and determine suitability for specific project
- Respond to field information requests
- Review supplier technical quotes, prepare technical bid analysis and coordinate with equipment supplier
- Update inquiry documents to order
- Attend post order kick off meetings.
- Travel to witness inspections
- Bachelor’s Degree Electrical Engineering is required.
- Open to working towards Professional Engineering Licensure in Louisiana and TX.
- 2+ years of related experience in engineering design of oil& gas, petrochemical or plastics plants [includes college internships]
- Exposure to industry standard visualisation and calculation tools (e.g. Navis works / ETAP / PTW / SPI etc.).
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical
- General understanding of the entire cradle to grave workflow for an EPC Project, interdepartmental dependencies, recognition of the importance of TIC rather than individual constituents that make up the
- Must be capable of working a part of a close-knit small core team as well as being self-reliant with the confidence to make decisions acting on their own
- Expand and maintain knowledge of the latest standards, legislation, products and practices relating to the relevant engineering discipline to reinforce professional competency.
- Comfortable with occasional opportunities for international travel.
- Legally authorized to work in the US
|Job Category||Electrical Engineer, Instrument Engineer|