ECI Group, the world’s leading specialist engineering contractor for low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) projects, is looking for several Graduate Mechanical Engineers in our Baton Rouge office. Consider joining our small team of experienced engineers developing the design and specification of fixed [pressure vessels, heat exchangers, etc.] and rotating [compressors, pumps, etc.] equipment as well as machinery packages [thermal oxidizers, pneumatic conveying systems, extruder/pelletizers, and other types of packaged equipment].
YOUR ROLE WITH THE COMPANY:
- This position reports directly to the Mechanical Engineering Section Leader
- Develop equipment specifications and become knowledgeable on the equipment necessary for each project.
- Prepare and check technical inquiry documents (requisitions, datasheets/specifications, etc)
- Review supplier technical quotes and prepare technical bid analysis
- Update inquiry documents to order
- Attend post order kick off meetings
- Review supplier design documents and coordinate with equipment supplier
- Travel to witness inspections
- Attend kick-off meetings or attend client sites.
- The role will interface with other internal engineering disciplines as well as external project team members such as the client or license provider.
- Bachelor’s Degree Mechanical Engineering is required.
- Open to obtaining PE License in Texas and Louisiana
- 2+ years of related experience in engineering design of oil & gas, petrochemical or plastics plants [Including Internships]
- Division 2 Pressure Vessel experience preferred
- API 618 Reciprocating Compressors and API 674 and API 675 Positive Displacement Pumps experience preferred
- Experience with other Machinery/packages such as Thermal oxidizers, Pneumatic conveying systems, Extruder/pelletizers, and other types of packaged equipment preferred
- Experience in the high -pressure LDPE (Low Density Polyethylene process) preferred
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills.
- General understanding of the entire cradle to grave workflow for an EPC Project, interdepartmental dependencies, recognition of the importance of TIC rather than individual constituents that make up the whole.
- Must be capable of working a part of a close-knit small core team as well as being self-reliant with the confidence to make decisions acting on their own initiative.
- Organized with the ability to support multiple concurrent projects.
- Accountable, confident, bright, articulate, innovative, highly motivated, and self-starter with a high energy level that performs with the highest integrity.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry codes, product safety standards, regulations, etc.
- Comfortable with occasional opportunities for international travel.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.