This content has been archived. It may no longer be relevant
ECI Group, the world’s leading specialist engineering contractor for low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) projects, is looking for a Graduate Piping Engineer to supplement our existing team in our Manchester [Simon Carves Engineering] office. Consider joining our team of experienced piping engineers leading a team of talented piping engineering professionals to deliver piping solutions for our petrochemical and advanced recycling business lines.
Your Role With The Company:
- This position reports directly to the Piping & Stressing Engineering Section Leader
- Implement assigned engineering work within the budget and project timescale
- Prepare Basic & Complex engineering deliverables in accordance with Company Management Systems, current legislation, Design Codes (ASME B31.3, ASME VIII, etc.) and relevant international standards.
- Commercial awareness of the impact of changes in scope, budget and schedule overruns.
- Manage scope, budgets and schedules on small projects as required.
- Expand and maintain knowledge of the latest standards, legislation, products, and practices relating to the relevant engineering discipline to reinforce professional competency
- Expand knowledge of Detailed Piping & Flange Calculations.
- Expand knowledge of Component Design & Material Specifications / Datasheets.
- Provide input into Piping Classes & all associated background support systems and documentation.
- Provide input into Design Basis, Technical Specifications, Inspection and Fabrication Specifications
- Perform P&ID take-offs
- Prepare Piping Schedules |Management
- Bachelor’s Degree Mechanical Engineering required.
- 0 – 4+ years of experience in various piping engineering roles in the design of oil & gas, petrochemical or plastics (e.g. LDPE) plants.
- High pressure (>300 barg) Piping & Tubing experience a plus.
- General awareness of process plant, piping design, fabrication and erection, safety and environmental issues.
- An understanding and appreciation of the ASME piping design codes (ASME B31.3, B31.1, BPVC, etc.), ASTM, API, BS, EN, ISO, DIN material and manufacturing specifications and standards.
- Must be capable as working as part of a close-knit small core team as well as being self-reliant with the confidence to make decisions acting on their own initiative.
- General understanding of the entire cradle to grave workflow for an EPC Project, interdepartmental dependencies, recognition of the importance of TIC rather than individual constituents that make up the whole.
- Good problem definition and problem-solving skills
- Good technical and non-technical communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work as part of a group and on individual tasks within a larger team
- Good command of MS Office applications.
- Comfortable with occasional opportunities for international travel.
- Legally authorized to work in the UK.