ECI Group, the world’s leading specialist engineering contractor for low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) projects is looking for a Junior Piping Designer to join our team in our Baton Rouge office. Consider joining our team of experienced engineers and designers providing plant layout and piping designs for our petrochemical and advanced recycling business lines.
Your Role With The Company:
- This position reports directly to the Plant Layout and Piping Design Section Leader
- Provide Piping Design support for Plants and Facilities.
- Create various types of Piping drawings used to compile an error free design package using ACAD software.
- Prepare Piping and Layout project deliverables.
- Expand and maintain knowledge of the latest CAD software.
- High School diploma and a relevant degree in Piping Design and Drafting
- Knowledge in the use of ACAD Plant 2D and 3D software used to create Engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of Drafting CAD standards, Paper/Model Space and Plotting/Publishing.
- Prepare revisions to technical drawings to reflect engineering mark-ups or as-built conditions as directed by Senior Designers.
- Willing to do on-site field work and create field sketches under direction of a Designer.
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel as well as Microsoft Outlook.
- Good problem-solving skills.
Preferred Skills (Additional Experience)
- Preferred 3D skill: ACAD Plant 3D software.
- Petrochemical and Oil/Gas Industry Site Experience (e.g. construction, maintenance)
- EPC work environment related to new Green Field Projects.
|Job Category||Junior Piping Designer, Plant Designer|