Mechanical Design Engineer 
ECI Group, the world’s leading specialist engineering contractor for low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) projects, has an immediate a need in our Manchester (Simon Carves Engineering) office for several mid-career Mechanical Design Engineers. You will be responsible for design and specification of fixed [pressure vessels, heat exchangers, etc.] and rotating [compressors, pumps, etc.] equipment as well as machinery packages [thermal oxidizers, pneumatic conveying systems, extruder/pelletizers, and other types of packaged equipment].
YOUR ROLE WITH THE COMPANY:
- This position reports directly to the Mechanical Engineering Section Leader
- Develop equipment specifications and become knowledgeable on the equipment necessary for each project.
- Prepare and check technical inquiry documents (requisitions, datasheets/specifications, etc)
- Review supplier technical quotes and prepare technical bid analysis
- Update inquiry documents to order
- Attend/run post order kick off meetings
- Review supplier design documents and coordinate with equipment supplier
- Travel to witness inspections
- Attend kick-off meetings or attend client sites.
- The role will interface with other internal engineering disciplines as well as external project team members such as the client or license provider.
- Bachelor’s Degree Mechanical Engineering is required.
- Working towards a Chartered Engineer Status
- 5+ years of related experience in engineering design of oil & gas, petrochemical or plastics plants
- Division 2 Pressure Vessel experience preferred
- API 618 Reciprocating Compressors and API 674 and API 675 Positive Displacement Pumps experience preferred
- Experience with other Machinery/packages such as Thermal oxidizers, Pneumatic conveying systems, Extruder/pelletizers, and other types of packaged equipment preferred
- Experience in the high -pressure LDPE (Low Density Polyethylene process) preferred
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills.
- General understanding of the entire cradle to grave workflow for an EPC Project, interdepartmental dependencies, recognition of the importance of TIC rather than individual constituents that make up the whole.
- Must be capable of working a part of a close-knit small core team as well as being self-reliant with the confidence to make decisions acting on their own initiative.
- Organized with the ability to support multiple concurrent projects.
- Accountable, confident, bright, articulate, innovative, highly motivated, and self-starter with a high energy level that performs with the highest integrity.
- Expand and maintain knowledge and understanding of industry codes, product safety standards and practices, legislation, regulations relating to the relevant engineering discipline to reinforce professional competency
- Comfortable with occasional opportunities for international travel.
|Job Category||Mechanical Engineer|