The world’s leading specialist engineering contractor for low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) projects has an immediate a need for a Process Engineer to manage the engineering work processes, tools, and the quality of the engineering deliverables and to execute the assigned engineering work ensuring that it is executed in a timely and cost effective manner. The role will involve leading teams on larger jobs and also managing smaller consultancy, feasibility studies as required in the ECI Inc. [Simon Carves Engineering] Manchester office.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide active oversight of project engineering work including technical support, technical quality assurance, technical design/project reviews and prevention of over design. Implement lessons learned across projects and contribute to consistency of approach across projects.
- Work with other Principal Process Engineers and Global Lead to integrate and develop a common understanding and work practice
- When required act as Project manager or Lead engineer on specified projects / proposals in accordance with Company Management System.
- Implement assigned engineering work within the budget and project timescale.
- Prepare engineering deliverables in accordance with Company Management System, current legislation, project requirements and international standards. Check deliverables produced by others.
- Apply in-depth knowledge to resolve complex or unusual engineering and design problems.
- Provide technical information in support of the project team.
- Attend technical design/project reviews to ensure compliance with customer’s needs and QHSE requirements.
- Participate in the development of project engineering budgets and schedules.
- Identify lessons learned from the project and communicate to others. Manage the scope of engineering work to eliminate cost / time growth.
- Identify any project scope growth and correctly document it and apply the project procedures for cost and time reimbursement.
- Bachelor’s Degree Chemical Engineering is required.
- Chartered Engineer (non-US) or Professional Engineer (US),
- 5-10+ years of experience in various process engineering, operations or other technical roles with at minimum of 5 years in a multidisciplinary petrochemical design environment.
- 5-10 years of experience with LLDPE and HDPE technologies/licenses preferred
- Good command of, and experience with, industry standard process simulation tools (e.g. Aspen EDR/Plus/HYSYS etc.).
- Site experience (e.g. operations, commissioning, process optimization, debottlenecking etc.).
- Up-to date knowledge of key process design and engineering techniques and their applications.
- Up-to date knowledge of relevant international standards for petrochemical process plants.
- Creative problem definition and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to lead large teams of multi-skilled engineers. Must be capable of working a part of a close-knit small core team as well as being self-reliant with the confidence to make decisions acting on their own initiative.
- Working knowledge of fixed and rotating equipment.
- Organized with the ability to support multiple concurrent projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry codes, product safety standards, regulations, etc.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
- Full Benefits Package – health, dental, vision insurance
- Pension Plan Benefits with Company Match up to 8% based on Employee Contributions
- Life Insurance 3 times Base Salary
- 25 days of annual leave in addition to Bank Holidays
- Health Cash Plan
- Sick Pay
- Private Health Plans Available for eligible staff
- Educational Sponsorships Available
- Ability to purchase additional Holidays
- Ability to earn flexible days
- Hybrid Work Schedules
ABOUT ECI GROUP
Founded in 1977 ECI Group Inc. [ECIG] provides world-class engineering solutions to clients around the world, with have a long history of designing and developing industrial facilities and process plants for the production of fuels, chemicals and polymers. With core technical skills focused on the development and design of a range of processes, we continually embrace new technologies and innovative project methodologies which have contributed to our success in this field. Our full-service offering covers all Engineering discipline including Process, Mechanical
(Machinery/Vessels), Piping and Pipe Stressing, Plant Layout, Electrical, Control & Instrumentation, and Civil & Structural. Our engineering services expertise includes:
- Concept Development – feasibility, cost estimates, front end design, basic engineering
- Detailed Design – hazard studies, FEA, DCS/SIS, flare systems, as-built drawings
- Owner’s Engineer – Project Management, contractor evaluation, due diligence, technical reviews
- Safety Critical Engineering – SIL/LOPA, relief systems, HAZOP chair, thermal and vibrational stress analysis, design for high pressure / toxic / corrosive service
|Job Category||Process Engineer|