Process Engineer (2327)
ECI Group, the world’s leading specialist engineering contractor for low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) projects is looking for an experienced Process Engineer to join our team in our Manchester (Simon Carves Engineering) office. Consider joining our team of experienced process engineers designing providing state of the art solutions for our petrochemical and advanced recycling business lines.
YOUR ROLE WITH THE COMPANY:
- This position reports directly to the Process Engineering Section Leader
- The purpose of the role is to manage the engineering work processes, tools, and the quality of the engineering deliverables and to execute the assigned engineering work ensuring that it is executed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Lead teams on larger jobs and also managing smaller consultancy, feasibility studies as required.
- Implement assigned engineering work within the budget and project timescale.
- Apply in-depth knowledge to resolve complex or unusual engineering and design problems.
- Maintain knowledge of the latest standards, legislation, products and practices relating to the relevant engineering discipline to reinforce professional competency
- Promote a team environment of mutual respect with open communication, celebration of success and provide frequent positive reinforcement.
- Bachelor’s Degree Chemical Engineering is required.
- Working towards Chartered Engineer (P.Eng.) status,
- 5- 10 years of experience in various process engineering, operations or other technical roles with a minimum of 5 years in a multidisciplinary petrochemical design environment.
- Up-to date knowledge of key process design and engineering techniques and their applications.
- Up-to date knowledge of relevant international standards for petrochemical process plants.
- Familiarity and experience with industry standard process simulation tools (e.g. Aspen EDR/Plus/HYSYS etc.).
- Creative problem definition and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work as part of a group or on individual tasks within a larger team.
- Comfortable with occasional opportunities for international travel.
- Legally authorized to work in the UK.
- Experience in plastic (e.g. LDPE, LLDPE, HPDE).
- Experience with extrustion & finishing processes associated with polyethylene production
- Site experience (e.g. operations, commissioning, process optimization, debottlenecking etc.).
|Job Category||Chemical Engineer, Process Engineer|