ECI Group, the world’s leading specialist engineering contractor for low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) projects has an immediate a need for a knowledgeable and experienced Project Scheduler to be responsible for project controls matters for all projects in the ECI [Simon Carves Engineering] Manchester office. As the Project Scheduler for the Manchester office you will be responsible for the development and tracking of project schedules for all assigned projects and support the development of consistent and robust project controls procedures to efficiently manage and minimize risk to project execution.
Your Role With The Company:
- This position reports directly to the Global Project Controls & Estimating Leader
- Appraisal and definition of Corporate Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Identify trends and root causes of deviations against the baseline using lead and lag indicators, effectively reporting any remedial actions in order to drive best value for the client / Contract requirements.
- Coordinate and Lead planning sessions and workshops to compile master project/program schedule baseline, ensuring an achievable duration.
- Stakeholder management ensuring all key stakeholders sign off the baseline and have visibility of regular progress updates.
- Developing internal inter-discipline schedule requirements and external sub-contractors / vendor programs ensuring logical work sequences across all disciplines of the project.
- Coordinating plans, generating reports and pro-actively communicating the schedule requirements to the project team, including chairing / participating in progress meetings.
- Developing awareness of contractual requirements / strategy and producing detailed execution programs and Level 4 reports for the project accordingly. Update / Customize Earned value factor / Rule of Credit as per Project requirement.
- Set up Project Progress Review meeting bi-weekly / monthly in consultation with PM/PE.
- Responsible for updating the Project Progress (Level 4) report (SCH03 Earned %, SCH04 & 05 Actual hours / Forecast hours) in consultation with PM / Lead Engineer and perform analytical review of report generated.
- Establish Project reporting calendar and advise Project team of all reporting requirements.
- Lead the change management process and workflow, providing a platform for adding/ tracking/ monitoring/ approving change in a timely fashion.
- Prepare the shortfall and identify the project resource constraint.
- Early identification and flagging of deviations to Budgeted hours.
- Provide the man hours forecast for / update Cost Report.
- Liaise with Baton Rouge PCE Team.
- 7 + Years experience in Project Planning tool Primavera P6 and Microsoft Projects
- Legally authorized to work in the UK
- Skills in Microsoft office (some advance Microsoft Excel functions)
- Knowledge in Process industry is preferable
- Overall Concept on Cost Control process is preferable.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and customer face-to-face soft skills
- Substantial relevant engineering/management experience in the oil & gas, petrochemical, and renewable industries.
- Close relationships with key customers, licensor personnel, and vendors
- Should have experience and knowledge of relevant key engineering topics required to operate in an EPC environment.
|Job Category||Project Controls Engineer, Project Scheduler|