Our client is a leading refiner in the United States and has gained a reputation as one the safest facilities in the industry. Our client a has identified an immediate need for a Refinery Instrument Reliability Engineer at the manufacturing complex. As an instrument reliability engineer in the Maintenance department you will provide support, counsel and direction in technical matters to maintenance technicians, engineers and supervisory personnel on how to improve instrumentation and control system reliability to reduce maintenance costs. Often the Instrument Reliability Engineer serves as the subject matter expert regarding critical refinery equipment.
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, our client is a recognized leader in the refining industry with a well-known brand. They operates three refineries located in Corpus Christi, Texas; Lake Charles, La.; and Lemont, Ill., and wholly and/or jointly owns 45 terminals, nine pipelines and three lubricants blending and packaging plants. With approximately 3,400 employees and a combined crude capacity of approximately 769,000 barrels-per-day (bpd), as the sixth-largest, and one of the most complex independent refiners in the United States. our client transports and markets transportation fuels, lubricants, petrochemicals and other industrial products and supplies a network of approximately 4,600 locally owned and operated branded retail outlets in 30 states and the District of Columbia.
The Lake Charles Refinery is the seventh-largest refining facility in the United States and has gained a reputation as one of the safest facilities in the industry. As the largest of their three refineries, the Lake Charles Refinery consists of a modern, deep-conversion facility with a crude oil refining capacity of 425,000 barrels per day (bpd).
YOUR ROLE WITH THE COMPANY:
As a Refinery Instrument Reliability Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical support to instrument craftsmen in the troubleshooting of medium to high complexity instrument and control system problems. Serve as the lead position in identifying system errors. Mentor and train junior level Instrument Reliability Engineers on high complexity control systems for growth and development.
- Establish guidelines for and monitor the performance of the preventative maintenance programs for Instrumented Protection Systems and Independent Protection Layers, including establishing a consistent methodology for identifying and categorizing IPS and IPL instruments and administering the IPS database.
- Complete failure analysis of instrumentation and control systems to determine root causes for failures and recommend improvements to eliminate future failures
- Develop test, calibration and inspection procedures for refinery instrumentation and machinery protection systems and assist in training the instrument craftsmen to improve the reliability of the instrument and control systems
- Provide technical assistance for instrumentation and control systems on unit turnarounds and equipment start-ups
- Provide maintenance department input on instrumentation and control systems for capital projects. Provide maintenance department input to the Instrument Steering Committee on instrument installation standards, specifications and approved manufacturers.
- Identify and implement improvement ideas to enhance operational performance, increase availability and reduce costs
- Participate on cross functional teams to solve complex reliability problems and mitigate failures.
- A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of two years of experience in refinery or chemical industry experience
- Experience with process control systems, PLC’s, process analyzers, machinery protection systems, tank gauging and measurement systems preferred
- TWIC Card
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Pension plans that provide a source of income for you at retirement in addition to your 401(k).
- Choose from several health plans, including, Medical, Prescriptions, Dental, and Vision plans along with Flexible Spending and Health Saving Account options.
- Retiree health coverage
- Employee Wellness programs including our Healthy Rewards Program where employees receive incentives for participation.
- Reimbursement for gym membership and an on-site fitness center at select locations.
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site health clinic
- Employees earn paid time off in addition to company paid holidays.
- Eligible employees enjoy our unique Recreation Incentive Program, a one-time per year vacation bonus paid in addition to regular compensation with the intent to help with expenses incurred during vacation.
- Parental Leave
- Learning Opportunities
|Job Category||Electrical Engineer, Instrument Engineer|