ECI Group, the world’s leading specialist engineering contractor for low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) projects is looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Senior Electrical, Controls & Instrumentation Engineer to supplement our existing team in our Baton Rouge office. Consider joining our team of experienced engineers and designers developing control and instrumentation designs for our petrochemical and advanced recycling business lines.
YOUR ROLE WITH THE COMPANY:
- This position reports directly to the Electrical | Instrumentation Engineering Section Leader
- You should be familiar with relevant international standards and have the confidence to lead the C&I design on projects, interacting with other engineering disciplines, as well as the client and project manager to confidently deliver efficient technical solutions
- Develop detailed design documents for new assignments which may involve some unusual or difficult problems requiring specific job or industry knowledge.
- Coordinate and execute instrumentation work with a lead instrument designer.
- Read and develop Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Preparation of instrumentation equipment and construction specification documents
- Develop drawings and specifications for construction including network communication block diagrams, loop diagrams, logic diagrams, control panel details, junction box wiring diagrams, instrument installation details, etc.
- Review and evaluate equipment vendor information and determine suitability for specific project applications.
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) when requested.
- Participate in field investigations and provide construction support.
- Respond to field information requests.
- Prepare engineering deliverables from initial FEED designs through to detailed design.
Preferred Electrical Job Functions, in addition to the Essential Instrumentation Job Functions listed above:
- Ability to coordinate and execute Electrical work with a lead Electrical
- Design of plant power distribution and preparation of one-line diagrams, schematic diagrams, equipment layouts, lighting, grounding, installation details, etc.
- Preparation of equipment and construction specification documents, including power panels, MCCs, switchgear, transformers, substations, motors,
- Model and conduct power systems analysis (short circuit, load flow, protective relay coordination and arc flash analysis).
- Review and evaluate equipment vendor information and determine suitability for specific project
- Respond to field information requests
- Review supplier technical quotes, prepare technical bid analysis and coordinate with equipment supplier
- Update inquiry documents to order
- Attend/run post order kick off meetings.
- Travel to witness inspections
- Bachelor’s Degree Electrical Engineering is required.
- Licensed Professional Control Systems or Electrical Engineer in Louisiana and Texas. A passed FE exam is a must.
- 10+ years of related experience in engineering design of oil& gas, petrochemical or plastics plants
- Up-to-date knowledge of control systems and wet-end instrumentation design and engineering techniques and their applications specifically on petrochemical plants
- Good command of, and experience with, industry standard visualization and calculation tools (e.g. Navis works / ETAP / PTW / SPI etc.).
- 10+ years of experience in various Electrical and /or Instrument & Control engineering, construction, fabricator or other technical roles with at least 5 years of experience in a multidisciplinary petrochemical design environment.
- Experience in Electrical and /or Instrument & Control design for plastic plants (e.g. LDPE, LLDPE, HPDE).
- High pressure (>300 barg) electrical experience, including systems related to large synchronous motors, assisted start methods, autoclave reactor stirrer motors and high power variable speed systems. And / or High pressure (>300 barg) Instrument & Control experience, including systems related to reciprocating compressor protection systems (Konesburg, Prognost, Bently Nevada), safety systems (Triconex etc), HP Instrumentation (Valves, Thermocouples etc).
- Site experience (e.g. construction, site troubleshooting, site survey, manufacturing shop etc.).
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical
- General understanding of the entire cradle to grave workflow for an EPC Project, interdepartmental dependencies, recognition of the importance of TIC rather than individual constituents that make up the
- Must be capable of working a part of a close-knit small core team as well as being self-reliant with the confidence to make decisions acting on their own
- Expand and maintain knowledge of the latest standards, legislation, products and practices relating to the relevant engineering discipline to reinforce professional competency.
- Comfortable with occasional opportunities for international travel.
- Legally authorized to work in the US
|Job Category||Electrical Engineer, Instrument Engineer|