Senior Controls and Instrumentation Engineer 
ECI Group, the world’s leading specialist engineering contractor for low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) projects, is looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Senior Controls & Instrumentation Engineer to supplement our existing team in our Manchester (Simon Carves Engineering) office. Consider joining our team of experienced engineers and designers developing control and instrumentation designs for our petrochemical and advanced recycling business lines.
YOUR ROLE WITH THE COMPANY:
- This position reports directly to the Instrumentation |Electrical Engineering Section Leader
- You should be familiar with relevant international standards and have the confidence to lead the C&I design on projects, interacting with other engineering disciplines, as well as the client and project manager to confidently deliver efficient technical solutions.
- Develop detailed design documents for new assignments which may involve some unusual or difficult problems requiring specific job or industry knowledge.
- Coordinate and execute instrumentation work with a lead instrument designer.
- Read and develop Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Prepare engineering deliverables from initial FEED designs through to detailed design.
- Preparation of instrumentation equipment and construction specification documents
- Develop drawings and specifications for construction including network communication block diagrams, loop diagrams, logic diagrams, control panel details, junction box wiring diagrams, instrument installation details, etc.
- Review and evaluate equipment vendor information and determine suitability for specific project applications.
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) when requested.
- Participate in field investigations and provide construction support.
- Respond to field information requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree Instrument Engineering or relevant degree is required.
- Chartered Engineer Status.
- Legally authorized to work in the UK.
- 10+ years of related experience in engineering design of oil& gas, petrochemical or plastics plants
- Up-to-date knowledge of control systems and wet-end instrumentation design and engineering techniques and their applications specifically on petrochemical plants
- Good command of, and experience with, industry standard visualisation and calculation tools (e.g. Navis works / ETAP / PTW / SPI etc.).
- 10+ years of experience in various Controls & Instrumentation engineering, construction, fabricator or other technical roles with at least 5 years of experience in a multidisciplinary petrochemical design environment.
- Experience in Controls & Instrumentation design for plastic plants (e.g. LDPE, LLDPE, HPDE).
- High pressure (>300 barg) electrical experience, including systems related to large synchronous motors, assisted start methods, autoclave reactor stirrer motors and high power variable speed systems. And / or High pressure (>300 barg) Controls & Instrumentation experience, including systems related to reciprocating compressor protection systems (Konesburg, Prognost, Bently Nevada), safety systems (Triconex etc), HP Instrumentation (Valves, Thermocouples etc).
- Site experience (e.g. construction, site troubleshooting, site survey, manufacturing shop etc.).
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical
- General understanding of the entire cradle to grave workflow for an EPC Project, interdepartmental dependencies, recognition of the importance of TIC rather than individual constituents that make up the
- Must be capable of working a part of a close-knit small core team as well as being self-reliant with the confidence to make decisions acting on their own
- Expand and maintain knowledge of the latest standards, legislation, products and practices relating to the relevant engineering discipline to reinforce professional competency.
- Comfortable with occasional opportunities for international travel.
|Job Category||Instrument Engineer|