Senior Mechanical Engineer – Fixed Equipment [2314F]
ECI Group, the world’s leading specialist engineering contractor for low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) projects has an immediate a need in our Baton Rouge office for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer – Fixed Equipment who will be responsible for design and specification and fixed equipment [pressure vessels and heat exchangers].
Your Role With The Company:
- This position reports directly to the Mechanical Engineering Section Leader
- Develop equipment specifications and become knowledgeable on the equipment necessary for each project.
- Prepare and check technical inquiry documents (requisitions, datasheets/specifications, etc)
- Review supplier technical quotes and prepare technical bid analysis
- Update inquiry documents to order
- Attend/run post order kick off meetings
- Review supplier design documents and coordinate with equipment supplier
- Travel to witness inspections
- Attend kick-off meetings or attend client sites.
- The role will interface with other internal engineering disciplines as well as external project team members such as the client or license provider.
- Bachelor’s Degree Mechanical Engineering is required.
- PE License Required in Texas and Louisiana
- 10+ years of related experience in engineering design of oil& gas, petrochemical or plastics plants
- ASME Section VIII, Division 2 High Pressure Experience Preferred
- Knowledge of ASME VIII Division 3 and other codes / regulations preferred not essential (AD Mekblatt, EN13445, EU PED etc)
- Knowledge of FEA analysis and fitness for service assessments such as API 579 would be of interest but not essential
- General understanding of the entire cradle to grave workflow for an EPC Project, interdepartmental dependencies, recognition of the importance of TIC rather than individual constituents that make up the whole.
- Must be capable of working a part of a close-knit small core team as well as being self-reliant with the confidence to make decisions acting on their own initiative.
- Organized with the ability to support multiple concurrent projects.
- Accountable, confident, bright, articulate, innovative, highly motivated, and self-starter with a high energy level that performs with the highest integrity.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry codes, product safety standards, regulations, etc.
- Experience with other Machinery/packages such as Thermal oxidizers, Pneumatic conveying systems, Extruder/pelletizers, and other types of packaged equipment would also be of interest (but is not mandatory).
- Experience in the high -pressure LDPE (Low Density Polyethylene process) would also be of interest (but is not mandatory).
- Material selection knowledge and familiarity with international codes for steel types used in the petrochemical sector required, familiarity with high strength steels preferred.
- Knowledge of thermal rating for heat exchangers would be of interest but not essential.
- Comfortable with occasional opportunities for international travel.
|Job Category||Mechanical Engineer|