Senior Piping Engineer 
ECI Group, the world’s leading specialist engineering contractor for low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) projects, is looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Senior Piping Engineer to supplement our existing team in our Manchester [Simon Carves Engineering] office. Consider joining our team of experienced piping engineers leading a team of talented piping engineering professionals to deliver piping solutions for our petrochemical and advanced recycling business lines.
Your Role With The Company:
- This position reports directly to the Piping & Stressing Engineering Section Leader
- Implement assigned engineering work within the budget and project timescale
- Prepare Basic & Complex engineering deliverables in accordance with Company Management Systems, current legislation, Design Codes (ASME B31.3, ASME VIII, etc.) and relevant international standards.
- Check Basic & Complex engineering deliverables produced by others in accordance with Company Management System against current legislation, Design Code (ASME B31.3, ASME VIII, etc.) and relevant International Standards.
- Provide technical information in support of the project team
- Commercial awareness of the impact of changes in scope, budget and schedule overruns.
- Manage scope, budgets and schedules on small projects as required.
- Expand and maintain knowledge of the latest standards, legislation, products, and practices relating to the relevant engineering discipline to reinforce professional competency
- Maintain knowledge of the latest standards, legislation, products and practices relating to the relevant engineering discipline to reinforce professional competency.
- Identify and present training and learning opportunities (both individual and departmental) for consideration.
- Bachelor’s Degree Mechanical Engineering and Chartered Engineer status required.
- 10+ years of experience in various piping engineering roles in the design of oil & gas, petrochemical or plastics (e.g. LDPE) plants.
- High pressure (>300 barg) Piping & Tubing experience.
- Broad expertise in process plant, piping design, fabrication and erection, safety and environmental issues.
- An in depth understanding of the ASME piping design codes (ASME B31.3, B31.1, BPVC, etc.), ASTM, API, BS, EN, ISO, DIN material and manufacturing specifications and standards.
- Must be capable as working as part of a close-knit small core team as well as being self-reliant with the confidence to make decisions acting on their own initiative.
- General understanding of the entire cradle to grave workflow for an EPC Project, interdepartmental dependencies, recognition of the importance of TIC rather than individual constituents that make up the whole.
- Good problem definition and problem-solving skills
- Good technical and non-technical communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work as part of a group and on individual tasks within a larger team
- Good command of MS Office applications.
- Good Knowledge of Detailed Piping & Flange Calculations.
- Component Design & Material Specifications / Datasheets.
- Preparation of Piping Classes & all associated background support systems and documentation.
- Preparation of Technical requisitions from Cost Estimate Phase Through to Purchase Requisitions.
- Technical Bid Evaluations & Face-to-Face Technical Negotiations.
- Requisitioning (incl. datasheets prep.) of Manual & Actuated Valves.
- Requisitioning of Prefabricated Pipework Systems (and components therein).
- Good Manual Material Control experience.
- Management of Supplier Documentation.
- Painting / Coating & Insulation Specifications
- Preparation of Design Basis, Technical Specifications, Inspection Specifications, Fabrication Specifications.
- Preparation of Verification Calculations to Support all of the above.
- Preferred experience in Pipe Support Design & Calculations
- Preferred experience in Pipe Stressing
- Site experience (e.g. Construction, Pre-Commissioning, debottlenecking, Brownfield Measurement / Short Shutdown Installation Works, etc.)
- Comfortable with occasional opportunities for international travel.
- Legally authorized to work in the UK.
|Job Category||Mechanical Engineer, Piping | Materials Engineer, Piping Engineer, Sr. Piping | Materials Engineer|