The world’s leading specialist engineering contractor for low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) projects has an immediate a need for a Senior Piping Engineer | Stress Analysis to be responsible for performing & checking pipe stress analysis activities, lead teams on smaller jobs, performing stress calculations and working with Global lead to develop company standards and tools.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position reports directly to the Piping Engineering Section Leader Shaunda White, P.Eng. [https://www.linkedin.com/in/shaunda-white-7bb55380/]
- Prepare Basic & Complex engineering deliverables in accordance with Company Management Systems, current legislation, Design Codes (ASME B31.3, ASME VIII, etc.) and relevant international standards.
- Check Basic & Complex engineering deliverables produced by others in accordance with Company Management System against current legislation, Design Code (ASME B31.3, ASME VIII, etc.) and relevant International Standards.
- Provide technical information in support of the project team.
- Attend technical design/project reviews to ensure compliance with customers’ needs and QHSE requirements.
- Expand and maintain knowledge of the latest standards, legislation, products, and practices relating to the relevant engineering discipline to reinforce professional competency
- Implement assigned engineering work within the budget and project timescale
- Commercial awareness of the impact of changes in scope, budget, and schedule overruns.
- Manage scope, budgets and schedules on small projects as required.
- Comply with the Company Management System and QHSE requirements
- Identify and present training and learning opportunities (both individual and departmental) for consideration.
- Bachelor’s Degree Mechanical Engineering and PE License in Texas and Louisiana required.
- 10+ yrs of related experience in engineering design of oil & gas, petrochemical or plastics plants
- Experience in stressing jacketed piping systems, vibrating|pulsating pipework [connected to reciprocating machinery), wind loading|seismic calculations etc.
- Extensive & detailed knowledge and experience with Ceasar II.
- ASME B31.3 Chapter IX High Pressure Piping experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills.
- General understanding of the entire cradle to grave workflow for an EPC Project, interdepartmental dependencies, recognition of the importance of TIC rather than individual constituents that make up the whole.
- Must be capable of working a part of a close-knit small core team as well as being self-reliant with the confidence to make decisions acting on their own initiative.
- Organized with the ability to support multiple concurrent projects.
- Accountable, confident, bright, articulate, innovative, highly motivated, and self-starter with a high energy level that performs with the highest integrity.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry codes, product safety standards, regulations, etc.
- Comfortable with occasional opportunities for international travel.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
- Full Benefits Package – health, dental, vision insurance
- Company paid short & long-term disability and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Plans, Education Reimbursement, Dependent Care Spending Plan
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Hybrid Work Schedules
ABOUT ECI GROUP
Founded in 1977 ECI Group Inc. [ECIG] provides world-class engineering solutions to clients around the world, with have a long history of designing and developing industrial facilities and process plants for the production of fuels, chemicals and polymers. With core technical skills focused on the development and design of a range of processes, we continually embrace new technologies and innovative project methodologies which have contributed to our success in this field. Our full-service offering covers all Engineering discipline including Process, Mechanical
(Machinery/Vessels), Piping and Pipe Stressing, Plant Layout, Electrical, Control & Instrumentation, and Civil & Structural. Our engineering services expertise includes:
- Concept Development – feasibility, cost estimates, front end design, basic engineering
- Detailed Design – hazard studies, FEA, DCS/SIS, flare systems, as-built drawings
- Owner’s Engineer – Project Management, contractor evaluation, due diligence, technical reviews
- Safety Critical Engineering – SIL/LOPA, relief systems, HAZOP chair, thermal and vibrational stress analysis, design for high pressure / toxic / corrosive service
|Job Category||Mechanical Engineer|