Senior Plant Layout Designer 
ECI Group, the world’s leading specialist engineering contractor for low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) projects is looking for an experienced Senior Plant Layout Designer to join our team in our Manchester (Simon Carves Engineering) office. Consider joining our team of experienced engineers and designers providing plant layout and piping designs for our petrochemical and advanced recycling business lines.
Your Role With The Company:
- This position reports directly to the Mechanical Piping Design and Plant Layout Section Leader.
- Piping Design support for Plants and Facilities.
- Support requirements related to Capital (Lump Sum) & Expense (T&M) projects.
- Manage project cost and schedule as required by the approved budget and client expectations.
- Able to review 3D models and check piping packages as required to furnish the client with error free design.
- Relevant design experience in the petrochemical or related industry including extensive experience as a Senior Designer.
- Allocation of work to the Plant Design team under supervision and resource planning.
- Expediting project deliverables in a timely manner to ensure that project deadlines are met.
- Close monitoring of the team under his/her supervision to ensure that the applicable company systems are used, that the relevant QA procedures and standards are followed and that the piping and layout design within his area of responsibility conforms to contract specific requirements and any applicable Client, company, national and international standards, design codes and legislation.
- Liaison and day to day co-ordination of piping and layout design office work that may be executed in other ECI group offices or joint venture partner offices.
- Liaison with Clients, Licensors, other design disciplines and suppliers to ensure that the information required to meet project deadlines is available and implemented in a timely manner.
- Co-ordinating and managing internal and external design reviews.
- Identification of contractual scope changes and thereafter assisting the Lead Piping & Layout Engineer in the preparation of piping and layout manhour estimates to execute the additional work.
- Understand customer needs and ensure that they are being satisfied.
- Active communication with all customers to promote clear understanding of scope.
- Develop good customer relationships (both internal and external).
- Coordinate and manage design implementation and verification with vendors (i.e. Fabricators, HP Tube manufacturer, Specialty Products)
- Provide clear and concise instructions to vendor as required.
- Stay in contact with vendor to foster work relationship for potential future work.
- Expand and maintain knowledge of the latest standards, 3D software, Laser Scanning Software and HP Design.
- Have a positive view about other team members, their abilities and potential for professional growth. Be a mentor to subordinates.
- Relevant HNC or HND education/experience and legally authorized to work in the UK
- 10+ years experience in piping design and plant layout in the petrochemical industry with broad expertise in process plant layout, pipework design, fabrication and erection, health, safety and environmental issues.
- Substantial relevant engineering experience in the petrochemical, nuclear and renewable industries including experience as a Senior Designer. Multidisciplinary exposure.
- Understanding of Conceptual Plant Layouts (e.g. Equipment Spacing, Pipe Spacing, Maintenance Spacing, Valve Orientations, Truck & Rail Loading/Unloading, etc.)
- Good understanding of the relevant national and international standards, design codes and legislation applicable to process plant piping design. Proven knowledge of and use of Engineering Specifications. Must be familiar with Piping specifications, administrative and technical practices, design instructions, plot plans, Process flow diagrams and interpreting vendor information.
- Knowledge of Drafting CAD standards, including creating CAD Standard Libraries, Paper/Model Space and Plotting/Publishing.
- Must be able to create 3D models, mechanical details and various types of piping drawings used to compile an error free design package.
- Skillful in the use of PDMS [E3D] software experience is required.
- Skillful in the use of ACAD Plant 2D and 3D software used to create Engineering drawings.
- Skillful use of Navisworks and the ability to conduct model reviews.
- Detailed knowledge and use of AVEVA Draft (UK), AutoCAD, CAD / CAE set-up / interface (essential); AutoCAD (preferred)
- Ability to perform Laser Scanning and Register Scans. Working knowledge in the use of Scene and LFM software for Laser Scanning.
- Experience in plastic (e.g. LDPE, LLDPE, HPDE) preferred.
- Familiar with HP Tube and Component Design (preferred)
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, RasterCad, Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel as well as Microsoft Outlook.
- Must be able to conceptualize and draw Mechanical design details independently with minor instruction.
- Knowledge of pipe support requirements.
- EPC work environment related to new Green Field Projects.
- Experience using ASME B31.3.
- Lead Design Group on various sized projects.
- Manage project budgets and schedules for Lump Sum and T&M projects.
- Review Equipment Vendor drawings.
- Facilitate 3D Model Reviews.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Site experience (e.g. construction, maintenance)
- Detailed knowledge of international codes, practices, vendors relevant to the Piping Design & Plant Layout Department.
- Detailed knowledge of LDPE / EVA and polymer engineering relevant to Piping Design & Plant Layout Department.
- Close relationships with key clients, Licensor personnel, vendors.
|Job Category||Plant Designer, Sr Piping Designer, Sr Plant Designer|