Senior Process Engineer|Advanced Recycled Plastics
The ECI Group is looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Senior Process Engineer to supplement our existing team in our Manchester [Simon Carves Engineering] office to lead the process engineering activities related to an advanced recycling technology at a pilot plant and commercial plant scale. Consider joining our team of experienced process engineers leading a team of talented engineering professionals to developing process design solutions for our advanced recycling business lines.
Your Role With The Company:
- Lead the process engineering activities related to an advanced recycling technology at a pilot plant and commercial plant scale.
- Competently perform the assigned technical engineering activities, ensuring the work it is executed in a consistent, timely and cost-effective manner.
- The role may also include leading small teams on projects as required.
- Comply with the Company Management System and QHSE requirements.
- Implement assigned engineering work within the budget and project timescale.
- Prepare engineering deliverables in accordance with Company Management System, current legislation, project requirements and international standards.
- Check deliverables produced by others.
- Provide technical information in support of the project team.
- Attend technical design/project reviews to ensure compliance with customers’ needs and QHSE requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of the latest standards, legislation, products and practices relating to the relevant engineering discipline to reinforce professional competency.
- Identify and present training and learning opportunities (both individual and departmental) for consideration.
- Commercial awareness of the impact of changes in scope, budget and schedule overruns.
- Manage scope, budgets and schedules as required.
- Identify and communicate cost reduction and schedule improvement opportunities.
- Understand customer needs and ensure that they are being satisfied.
- Active communication with all customers to promote clear understanding.
- Develop good customer relationships with other engineering discipline engineers, lead engineer, equipment vendor representatives, and client representatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree Chemical Engineering is required.
- Working towards Chartered Engineer (PEng.) status
- At least 5 years of experience in process engineering, operations or other technical roles.
- Experience in one or more of the following processes: waste to energy, plastics chemical recycling, bioethanol, waste wood pellet processing.
- Up-to date knowledge of key process design and engineering techniques and their applications.
- Up-to date knowledge of relevant international standards for petrochemical process plants.
- Creative problem definition and problem-solving skills.
- Good technical and non-technical communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work as part of a group and on individual tasks within a larger team.
- Good command of MS Office applications.
- Good command of, and experience with, industry standard process simulation tools (e.g. Aspen EDR/Plus/HYSYS etc.).
- Comfortable with occasional opportunities for international travel.
- Membership of a relevant Institute (e.g. AIChemE, IChemE etc.).
- Legally authorized to work in the UK.
- 10+ years of experience in various process engineering, operations or other technical roles with at least 5 years of experience in a multidisciplinary design environment.
- Site experience (e.g. operations, commissioning, process optimization, debottlenecking etc.).
- Knowledge of maintenance, operations and engineering activities within the wider chemical industry.
- Knowledge of waste and environmental regulations in the UK.
|Job Category||Chemical Engineer|