ECI Group, the world’s leading specialist engineering contractor for low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) projects is looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Sr. Civil|Structural Engineer to supplement our existing team in our Baton Rouge office. Consider joining our team of experienced engineers and designers developing civil|structural engineering solutions for our petrochemical and advanced recycling business lines.
Your Role With The Company:
- This position reports directly to the Civil|Structural Engineering Section Leader
- Prepare engineering deliverables in accordance with Company Management System, current legislation, project requirements and international standards. Check deliverables produced by others.
- Manage the scope of engineering work to eliminate cost / time growth.
- Identify any project scope growth and correctly document it and apply the project procedures for cost and time reimbursement. Commercial awareness of the impact of changes in scope, budget and schedule overruns.
- Identify and communicate cost reduction and schedule improvement opportunities.
- Identify project risk and address risk mitigation measures.
- Identify, communicate, and implement cost reduction and schedule improvement opportunities.
- Provide technical information in support of the project team.
- Comply with the Company Management System and QHSE requirements
- Implement assigned engineering work within the budget and project timescale.
- Attend technical design/project reviews to ensure compliance with customers’ needs and QHSE requirements.
- Ability to work as part of a group and on individual tasks within a larger team. Have the ability to lead large teams of multi-skilled engineers.
- Identify and present training and learning opportunities (both individual and departmental) for consideration.
- Understand customer needs and ensure that they are being satisfied.
- Active communication with all customers to promote clear understanding.
- Develop good customer relationships (internal and external).
- The role will interface with other internal engineering disciplines as well as external project team members such as the client, fabricator and site contractor representatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree Civil or Structural Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer in either Civil or Structural Engineering in Louisiana and Texas.
- 10+ years of experience engineering structures and foundations for industrial equipment and piping.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in various Civil and Structural engineering, operations or other technical roles
- At least 5 years of experience in a multidisciplinary petrochemical design environment.
- Creative problem definition and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and capable of delivering high-quality work with little/no supervision guidance.
- Up-to date knowledge of civil and structural international standards applicable to petrochemical process plants. Familiarity and experience with the following codes or later versions: AISC 14th edition, ACI 318-08, ASCE 7-10, NFPA 101 2012, IBC 2012.
- Working knowledge of foundations and structures for fixed and rotating equipment.
- Up-to date knowledge of key Civil and Structural design and engineering techniques and their applications.
- Good command of, and experience with, industry standard visualization and calculation tools (e.g. Navis works / STAAD Pro / RAM Elements / MathCaD / SAP 2000 / Tekla/ and other Bentley engineering software etc.).
- Work effectively with other disciplines to proactively communicate technical needs (loads, mounting geometry, etc.) and provide for their technical requirements (access, clearances, etc.)
- Experience checking/reviewing drawings developed under your direction.
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills, both written and oral.
- Good command of MS Office applications.
- Must be capable of working a part of a close-knit small core team as well as being self-reliant with the confidence to make decisions acting on their own initiative.
- Organized with the ability to support multiple concurrent projects.
- Accountable, confident, bright, articulate, innovative, highly motivated, and self-starter with a high energy level that performs with the highest integrity.
- Comfortable with occasional opportunities for international travel.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
- 15+ years of experience in various Civil and Structural engineering, operations or other technical roles with at least 10 years of experience in a multidisciplinary petrochemical design environment.
- Experience in civil and structural design for plastic plants (e.g. LDPE, LLDPE, HPDE).
- High pressure (>300 barg) experience, including foundations and structures with large reciprocating machinery and significant dynamic loading.
- Site experience (e.g. construction, site troubleshooting, site survey, fabricator shop etc.).
- Knowledge of engineering activities within the wider petrochemical industry.
|Job Category||Civil Engineer, Sr. Civil|Structural Engineer, Structural Engineer|