ECI Group, the world’s leading specialist engineering contractor for low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) projects is looking for an experienced Senior Piping Designer to join our team in our Baton Rouge office. Consider joining our team of experienced engineers and designers providing plant layout and piping designs for our petrochemical and advanced recycling business lines. in our corporate headquarters in Baton Rouge.
Your Role With The Company:
- This position reports directly to the Mechanical | Piping Design Manager.
- The purpose of this role is to competently perform the assigned Piping Design & Plant Layout activities, ensuring the work is executed in a consistent, timely and cost-effective manner
- Piping Design support for Plants and Facilities.
- Manage project cost and schedule as required by the approved budget and client expectations.
- Able to create 3D models, Mechanical Details and Various types of Piping drawings used to compile an error free design package.
- Able to complete thorough check of design packages prior to client issuance.
- Able to complete all required design checklist per ECI requirements.
- As an integral member of a project-based team reporting directly to the Plant Design Section Leader, with key responsibilities as follows:
- Independent layout of process plant and process piping design using PDMS plant design tool.
- Expediting project deliverables in a timely manner to ensure that project deadlines are met.
- Efficient interpretation of Clients, Licensors, other design disciplines and the suppliers’ information to ensure project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the applicable company systems are used, that the relevant QA procedures and standards are followed and that the piping and layout design within his area of responsibility conforms to contract specific requirements and any applicable Client, company, national and international standards, design codes and legislation.
- Participation in internal and external design reviews.
- Liaison with Clients, Licensors, other design disciplines and suppliers
- Identification of contractual scope changes and thereafter assisting in the preparation of piping and layout manhour estimates to execute the additional work.
- Commercial awareness of the impact of changes in scope, budget and schedule overruns.
- Understand customer needs and ensure that they are being satisfied.
- Active communication with all customers to promote clear understanding of scope deliverables.
- Develop good customer relationships.
- Coordinate and manage design implementation and verification with vendors (e.g. Fabricators, HP Tube manufacturer, etc.)
- Provide clear and concise instructions to vendor as required.
- Expand and maintain knowledge of the latest standards, 3D software, Laser Scanning Software and HP Design.
- Project Coordinator capabilities and experience to lead a project.
- Proven knowledge of and use of Engineering Specifications.
- Skill-full in the use of ACAD Plant 2D and 3D software used to create Engineering drawings.
- Preferred 3D skill: PDMS 3D software (US).
- Preferred: Ability to perform Laser Scanning and Register Scans.
- Skill-full use of Navisworks and the ability to conduct model reviews.
- Knowledge of Drafting CAD standards, including creating CAD Standard Libraries, Paper/Model Space and Plotting/Publishing.
- Must be familiar with Piping specifications, administrative and technical practices, design instructions, plot plans, Process flow diagrams and interpreting vendor information.
- Knowledge of pipe support requirements.
- Prepare revisions to technical drawings to reflect engineering mark-ups or as-built conditions.
- Provide on-site field work and create field sketches.
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Raster-Cad, Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel as well as Microsoft Outlook.
- Working knowledge in the use of Scene and LFM software for Laser Scanning.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Highly motivated, eager to contribute to the establishment of an effective and efficient Global Piping Design & Plant Layout (EPL) Group.
- Site experience (e.g. construction, maintenance)
- EPC work environment related to new Green Field Projects.
- Experience using ASME B31.3.
- Understanding of Conceptual Plant Layouts (e.g. Equipment Spacing, Pipe Spacing, Maintenance Spacing, Valve Orientations, Truck & Rail Loading/Unloading, etc.)
- Relevant design experience in the petrochemical or related industry including experience as a Designer and with some site experience
- Broad expertise in process plant layout, pipework design, fabrication and erection, health, safety and environmental issues
- Good understanding of the relevant national and international standards, design codes and legislation applicable to process plant piping design
|Job Category||Piping Designer, Sr Piping Designer, Sr Plant Designer|