The ECI Group has an immediate need for a Sr. Project Estimator to coordinate and oversee prepare Total Installed Cost (TIC) estimating activities on Petrochemical /heavy industrial projects. Will have in-depth working knowledge of home office engineering services, establish procurement cost, but more importantly be capable of calculating construction field indirects, craft labor, and field various productivity factors using a background of diversified experience with typical TIC estimating tools. Must have a clear understanding of multi-discipline engineering drawings and specifications. Must be able to support a wide range of small and large project estimates including conceptual estimates with few inputs as well as creating detailed estimates using material take-offs, engineering drawings, and detailed scopes of work.
This position can either be based in the corporate headquarters in Baton Rouge or Remote [work from home with the ability to travel to the corporate office on an as needed basis]. This position will be on an as-needed basis [part- to full-time dependent on project workload.
Your Role With The Company:
- This position reports directly to the Global Manager of Projects Leslie Kinchen, P.E. [https://www.linkedin.com/in/lesliekinchen/]
- Prepare estimates in accordance with the approved procedure for all phases of the works from the agreed engineering deliverables to the appropriate level of accuracy, on a timely and cost-effective basis.
- Plan, prepare, and present TIC project estimates with minimal supervision.
- Have a thorough understanding of AACE principles of cost estimating.
- Possess a thorough understanding of construction unit rates for heavy industrial work and their application in preparing craft labor man hour estimates for bulk commodities.
- Reviews drawings, scopes of work, and material take-offs provided by the Engineering Division and checks for mathematical and technical accuracy.
- Based on experience, be able to monitor current market pricing, construction techniques, and cost trends.
- Possess a strong knowledge of engineering, procurement, and construction functions customarily acquired through extensive experience in the EPC industry.
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills to assess estimates and compare with historical performance on projects.
- Understand and develop an estimating plan for various execution strategies for construction contracts including, Lump Sum, Time & Material, Fixed Fee, etc..
- Demonstrated ability to develop the conceptual scopes of estimates and studies when definition is not available; applies experience and expert judgment to compensate for undefined scope.
- Accumulates, evaluates, and documents historical cost data as well as construction procedures and methods in order to maintain accurate current estimating standards and pricing.
- Be able to validate and verify estimates using high-level norms and factors by comparing with previous estimates, outcome costs, and vendor prices.
- Prepare well-written documents to support the project estimate, identifying areas of weakness and/or areas of risk with the goal of presenting a comprehensive Basis of Estimate document to accompany each estimate.
- Possess the ability to develop escalation forecasts. Understand and recommend escalation models based on current market uncertainties.
- Effectively present estimate review packages, including required analyses, to the project management team and Engineering Division management
- Develop positive relationships with clients in order to gather insight into their business objectives, preferred construction contract strategies, and long-term goals.
- Ensure active communication with all clients to promote a clear understanding of project goals, success indicators, and potential for future project work.
- Possess good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact positively with engineering project managers and multi-discipline engineers.
- Provide professional leadership to those in the Engineering Division to ensure that engineering inputs to the estimate are clear and adequate for the preparation of high-quality estimates.
- Provide professional leadership to the support personnel assigned to the project, such as project controls personnel and document management personnel
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Business preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of estimating experience in O&G/petrochemical industry.
- Heavy industrial field project experience and execution is required.
- AACE Cost Estimating Professional (CEP) Preferred
- Substantial relevant TIC cost estimating experience in the oil & gas, petrochemical, and renewable industries. Experience in LDPE/EVA polymer industry is preferred.
- Highly-proficient with reading engineering construction drawings and specifications, performing material take-offs, and quantifying scopes of work to translate into cost estimates.
- Sound knowledge of engineering design and construction practices.
- Experience in lump sum (competitive and open book) proposal estimates as well as cost reimbursable scopes.
- Experience identifying risks and mitigation planning; Experience analyzing the uncertainties associated with field productivity, material pricing, wage rates, and quantity variation.
- Excellent communication skills and client-facing soft skills.
- Must be a good team player with strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must demonstrate professionalism and the ability to understand client confidentiality requirements.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Competitive Based on Experience
|Job Category||Project Estimator|