ECI Group’s history can be traced back to 1878, when Henry Simon and François Carves teamed up to implement the latter’s new design for coke ovens under the Simon-Carves name. In the century that followed, Simon Carves was involved in a number of industries including coal washeries, flour milling, sulphuric acid and nuclear power. Simon Carves’ first LDPE plant was built in 1965 for AECI in Sasolburg, South Africa, using ICI autoclave technology.
ECI, Inc. was formed in 1977 by three mutual friends, Dr. Charles Beals (chemical engineer), Mr. Charles Mooney (mechanical engineer) and Mr. Alexander Reddeck (instrument and electrical engineer). The three men set out to provide exemplary engineering and planning services to the petroleum, petrochemical and plastics industries, starting with the local Baton Rouge area and soon servicing clients all over the globe.
In 2016 ECI, Inc. acquired Simon Carves Engineering Limited; and in 2019 the ECI Group was officially established.